Monday 9 February 2015

Lord Ilchester's Inheritance – new Regency romance.

£1/50 on Amazon now.
Lord Ilchester's Inheritance is the first of my new books for 2015, it is a traditional, sweet romance rather than an action packed story.
I did not intend this to have no murder, mayhem or sex – the book just turned out that way. The situation the hero and heroine are in provides the external conflict and the gentle manipulations of Mr Bishop (Sapphire's elderly great-uncle) add to the fun.
I have terminated my contract with DC Thomson and so will no longer be submitting my books to them. This means I am free to write at any length and no longer have to follow their guidelines. As I still intend to sell my books to large print, for the Linford Romance line, there will still not be explicit sex or graphic violence.
I am considering whether to revert to the 30K length, and thus be able to write two extra books a year, or stick to the 50K.
Which do you prefer to read? My most popular book to date, Christmas at Hartford Hall, is a 30K, but I'm not sure if it sold so many because it was a Christmas themed book, because of the fabulous cover by Jane Dixon-Smith, or because it was shorter and cheaper.
I would be interested to hear your views. Would you rather pay 99p and have a shorter read or pay £1.50 to have a full-length book?
Fenella J Miller

http://amzn.to/1DvG9gy (uk)
http://amzn.to/1M4QXpn (.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment