Saturday 2 December 2017

How was 2017 for you?

2017 is almost over - the months slip past so quickly. I only just realised I neglected to post on here last month. I apologise for that.
How did the year pan out for you? Did you achieve everything you hoped for? Are you just glad it's almost over? Are you ready for the festive holiday season?
This year for me has been, like the curate's egg, good and bad in parts.
Louis 2005-2017

Our beloved Bengal died - he was fine one day  - three days later he had to be put down with kidney failure. Still deciding if I want another one. Was tempted by a Maine Coon - but they are huge - perhaps next year I'll get a rescue cat. I've given all the cat paraphernalia away -couldn't bear it in the house - so would have to start from scratch.

My husband continues to deteriorate both physically and mentally. I still get glimpses of the man I knew and loved, but not often. He is asleep most of the time but when awake in the morning is quite alert and we enjoy watching the cricket together or a cartoon film.

£0.99/$0.99
Amazon only.   Click Here
I have immersed myself in my writing - one thing I can do when unable to go out unless I have the carer here. I've written seven books this year - a record for me. The last is Christmas at Devil's Gate.
Christmas at Devil's Gate  was written in two weeks after the idea came to me when half-asleep. I love the cover - JD Smith always designs something wonderful for me - and for all her other clients too.

I have already mapped out next year and will start the fourth book in The Nightingale Chronicles, All's Well That Ends Well, in January. I am hoping to write a second series following the children of Sarah and Alfie. This will mean I can write about the later years of Victoria's reign - but that's not until 2019.

I love this time of the year -Strictly Come Dancing to watch in the lead up to the holidays. A festive film every evening - baking, and friends and family to see. My decorations are up inside and out. My four year old grandson asked me last week if they would be done by today - so had no choice. Seeing the house so sparkly is almost as good as being able to take a holiday.
Off to watch the test match - England playing Australia -The Ashes. Had to pay £150 extra to be able to see these cricket matches as Sky lost the franchise. My Christmas present to myself. The way things are going I'm not sure it was money well spent.

Until next time
best wishes
Fenella J Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment